Due Date

Yes, its my due date. No baby. Everyone keeps asking if I'm in labor because I haven't been blogging etc. Well, he's not here and I'm beginning to withdraw from the world.

Remember how I was riding the happy train? Oh yeah, we're now on the crazy train. I'm depressed and hate everything. Especially men who tell me how to go into labor. What? How would you know? I'm pretty sure you don't have a cervix.

But, I've found something that makes me feel better. I was texting a friend about who her pediatrician was and she gave me the sympathy "I know how it is, I always had my kids after my due date." I can't explain it, but that sentence made me feel so much better! I'm used to hearing the "Oh! Well, I went into labor 2 weeks early with my baby, got to the hospital, sneezed and out popped my perfect little 6.5 lb baby!"

Yeah...don't think thats how mine will go. So, anyone, everyone, if you went past your due date and you were really depressed please tell me. Misery f-ing loves company.

Oh, and I started making a grocery list and was appalled by its contents:
  • ice cream
  • bbq chips
  • hot dogs
Haha, eating my feelings much?

Comments

  1. Your baby will be fatter and way cuter than babies born before their due dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 7 very long days late, and you know what I loved being induced. I got to walk into the hospital all happy & pain free. Well worth the extra days in my opinion.

    Now come on baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you probably don't remember me...i'm your distant cousin...anyway, i love your blog and though i never comment i thought i would tell you that i was 3 days late. what got my contractions going was my doctor stripped my membranes at his office. but even though i had contractions i was still at a 0, so i just showed up at the hospital crying and begged to be induced. you'd be surprised how scared nurses can be of a crying hysteric pregnant woman, so that could work too ;)

    but being induced has its own crap to go along with it, like having a 17 hour labor, so i guess you give a little take a little.

    here's to first pregnancies being from hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was almost 2 days over due && my due date was the worst day of my life ((&& it was a sunday)) as if 3 hours at church wasn't long enough, 40 weeks pregnant it was horrible!! the next day, monday, was the 2nd worst day of my life, && at 8:30pm we made a grocery run to get ice cream and after a big bowl && 25 jumping jacks my water broke at 11:15pm. if the ice cream && jumping jacks don't work for you, I'd take Lindsey's advice and go postal on labor & delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about how you're feeling, but this girl sure does ... http://www.natthefatrat.com/search?updated-max=2010-10-28T23%3A57%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=3
    ... misery company attempt

    And your little peanut will be the cutest fattest little one because of his extra cooking time.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha i'm with em. but my mom still talks about how Trent was 2 weeks overdue... ya, TWO weeks. I know because I've heard about it a thousand times. Did I mention it was a full two weeks? Lol. No but seriously, I think madre McGregor could be the perfect commiserating pal if you're looking for one. She jokes about how Trent was all chillin out, thinkin "I've got this sweet jacuzzi tub here, as much food as I want pumped into me... why go out there?" Dang, it's good logic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts