Madame Blanche

I'm currently reading a super cheesy/awesome book series called "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. While my girl Diana may not be the best writer her characters are fantastic and the series centers around a married couple (during the 1700s) named Claire and Jamie Fraser. In the second book, the author had the husband, Jamie, spread a rumor that his wife was a certain "Madame Blanche": Madame Blanche is considered a white witch and has certain powers--one being if any man tries to attack her (read: rape) she will "make his privates explode like a frostbitten apple."

::dramatic pause::

MAKE HIS PRIVATES EXPLODE LIKE A FROSTBITTEN APPLE!!!

I couldn't get over this idea*--so much so that I had to ask my mom and a bunch of my lady friends 1.) if you could have this power would you? and 2.) would you have already used this power? It was an all around resounding "YAS" to both questions.

So yeah, is this a helpful monologue? Does this move the discussion on Kavanaugh forward? If women had Madame Blanche powers would Kavanaugh's privates have exploded on a certain night in 1982?!?!

I mean, I think so, yeah.

 But who am I? I just tend to believe women when they come forward with sexual assault allegations. I also don't think a dickwad who attempted to rape a girl should sit on the Supreme Court.

Sure sure sure, change and forgiveness. I also strongly believe that we should teach people (read:boys and men) that there are some things that don't get forgotten: i.e. sexual assault. Yes, you can seek repentance from those you hurt and then you can attempt a happy life coaching soccer and keeping calendars, but you know what? You don't get the Supreme Court. You don't get the Presidency. You closed that door yourself when you showed a blatant disregard for other peoples humanity and welfare no matter how drunk or doped up you were. That opportunity is gone. Blame yourself.

Can we teach our boys that? Because if not, the message we are sending to our girls is: WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU! or also: WE BELIEVE YOU BUT DON'T CARE. **

It also tells our boys and men that they can DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

Seriously, find another ultra conservative judge--preferably one who hasn't rubbed his penis on anyones face when they were drunk. I'm sure we can find one.







*I've put it on my Christmas, Birthday and Mother's day wish list
**Go $%&# yourself, Orrin Hatch. 

Comments

Popular Posts