Day 4.0, Trip to The Hague

Ok, so ever since we planned our trip to the Netherlands I wanted to go to The Hague, which is the capital city of the country. I heard so much about during my art history classes, and just from a lot of people in general that we needed to go see The Hague! Also, everyone was like "oh and eh, just stop by in Delft real fast, it's on the way to The Hague." Ha! Well, let me tell you about our experience with "Den Haag"


Look at us adventurers taking a train to who knows where and we're going to get off who knows what train stop

This was the city's explanation of, "hey, we may be a mess now but THIS is what we'll look like soon!"

Enormous buildings, and super cosmopolitan



I was really getting good at posing by now

When he smiled, some Dutch women actually fainted over how handsome he is. True story. 


Being awesome in front of the court house



William of Orange! He's considered the grandfather of the Netherlands, since he banned all of the little dutch counties together to fight off the Spaniards. They flippin love this guy.

Hmm...sugary-overload waffle

I don't understand why the country has a zillion beautiful and ginormous churches that are never opened. Like, ever.

More waffle.








A lot of cool architecture everywhere

I was completely lost and trying to find the Peace Palace

Lemme guess, William of Orange?


Awesome gypsy woman who I gave a few euros to because she was a decent street performer

I think this is some royal's residence, currently being OWNED by my husband in this shot

Oh surprise! Canals!

Super fancy-pants flower shop. My poses only get better from here guys





Believe it or not, more Dutch women fainted after all these shots were taken. It was crazy. 

I told you. Great poses. Peace Palace in the background

What up! Finally found the Peace Palace!

Um seriously? Its closed? Shocker. The Netherlands really need to get their traveling info-ish together because NO ONE said it would be closed. We did the dinky little info audio tour though




Ok, so by this time, I was super ticked off. I hadn't eaten in like 6 hours (my time limit is about 4) and the douchey guard at the Peace Palace entrance was being super douchey and not letting us in to see the FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY. Douche kill. He said "the library is for studying, not for seeing." Um ok, dude. First off, give me your sandwich your eating or I will start screaming bomb. Second off, get a girlfriend. Because, wow, you are a jerk. And I'm hungry.




Screw you, guard guy, you told us to leave but I'm going to take this flippin awesome shot right in front of your crap little guard station. Also! for the record! I wanted to take this pic for my friend Kelsey, who will probably end up working in the Peace Palace someday. And kels, if you do, you should totally fire that guard. 

"OMG, we just walked way too far to see way too little and now you're asking me to pose."

I'm pretty sure this was a private school in the city that all of the ambassador's kids go to. It looks pretty nice.

HUGE flippin swan. That swan was the only nice living creature we ran into in The Hague. And thats why I kind've hate that city. I think I got used to everyone else being so stinkin nice in the rest of the country, that when we got to this big city with unfriendly people AND we skipped lunch, I was like, um forget The Hague. This place sucks.

Next post on how awesome Delft was even though I still didn't get any lunch.

And yeah, my life does revolve around food.





Comments

  1. I will have to go to the Peace Palace on my next trip. Bram has never been their either. And again, Zaylin's biggest complaint... NEVER open churches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts