The Devil Went down to Georgia

And when I say "devil" I mean "Joneses" and by "Georgia" I mean "Austin, Texas."

We were so happy that Brett could come for a weekend so we could have a little Jones family reunion (minus Alison...tear)


Uncle Bop teaching Joshy how to play the piano



Haha, ah. So we were in Austin on Joshy pants's actual first birthday. We wanted to do something fun, so we went to this place called "Wazoo's." It's like a big warehouse with a million inflatable slides, obstacle courses, bounce houses etc.  I was so stoked on it, but as you can see from the next few pictures Joshy was not having any of it.




I wanted to go on the big slide!

I also forced Joshy to go on the big slide with Cam.

Still terrified, still not happy and refusing to smile for the camera


Most valued picture. The only time he smiled on any of the bouncy houses was when I acted like a lunatic


I love the look of pure joy on Cory's face

the only time he felt like participating in any fun was when he would climb UP the slide


aw.







"Even though you're torturing me I'm still going to give you a kiss."


I swear he didn't break his neck...he's just trying to go down the slide head first


Ok. This is when Josh was happy. When he could go and smack his hands on the orange and blue wall. He was thrilled. I just don't get kids.




This is me beating the pants off of Cam on the obstacle course

Victory bouncy dance. I was queen of the obstacle course





His favorite present was this balloon we bought him right before we walked out the door


I don't think a more perfect boy birthday balloon has ever existed.

He was obsessed with it and carried it around with him the rest of the day



The two birthday boys! we lumped Cory and Joshy's birthday festivities together.






Hmm...funfeti







It took both nana and papa to clean this little boy up


At Hop Doddy's (GO THERE!!!!) Twinners in our yellow

goofball


Joshy holds onto ears for stability

Hanging out with Jordan!!! Yay! Welcome back home!


First time meeting Nathan and Joshy gives him the chip gift of friendship. Lucky guy

Early morning. Too early. Both men are very very tired


Joshua discovered this 5 lb bag of Whey protein in the pantry and hauled it all the way to the living room. Crazy boy.

Yellow twinners again



playing the one, two, three game



New shoes!!! Compliments of Nana.



And thats about it! Did you know that it is disgustingly hot and humid in Austin in the summer? For some reason I forgot; the paradisiacal weather of LA made me forget all pain and misery of weather extremes. By the end of the two weeks I just had to accept that I'd have perma pit stains and smell like sweat. Super sexy.

Also, everything in Texas is bigger. The bugs there are terrifying. I hate grasshoppers, and it was a crazy grasshopper infestation. I had a panic attack every time I walked out the door.

AND did you know that Austin has insanely good tex-mex and bbq? I was really excited that I finally fit into my pre-preggo, pre-graduation weight gain pants. But tacos and brisket and chips and salsa do not a size skinny make. But, it was worth it. thats the great part about having a fat side of your personality: you can really enjoy and indulge in cra-cra delicious food. yeah, thats right, I said cra cra.

After two weeks we were really sad to leave but getting anxious for our impending move. Like our flight from Austin to LAX was wednesday night, we packed up the moving truck Thursday and then moved out to Utah on Friday. Again, cra-cra. 

And last but not least I finished breast-feeding that little monster son of mine on his first birthday. Cue Handel's "Hallelujah" chorus. Don't get me wrong, nursing is really nice when your kid is tiny, and doesn't move, and will actually just nurse. But what a miracle it is to wear a t-shirt without looking like you're in a burlesque show and not having to wrangle a little flailing octopus when your nipples are involved. TMI?





Comments

  1. I love you. And it's never a TMI lol. And that picture of Josh smashing his face into yours made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. So hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! You were in Austin!? We are just north of Austin! Would have been so fun to see you guys! Looks like a great time.... Yes, massive bugs and sweaty pits but wonderful BBQ and such. Good luck adjusting in Utah!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts