Huntington Gardens

Me and my family are actually alive...despite the constant altitude sickness I get in Utah. What? don't get off track, I need to record the Jonesies going to Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. Have you ever been before? No? Then go, now. It is the coolest place I have ever been to in Southern California (and I have a Disneyland pass.) Wait, yes? you have been? Then bask in the glory of the gardens with me for a minute.

I think it all started with Cameron and I moping that it was our last full weekend in LA before vacations and the big move. We had an LA bucket list that we mostly hit, except for the Huntington Gardens. So, thanks to Cam he got us out of the apartment and actually attended the gardens while they were still open. *

Witness:


Shakespeare garden, with a totally bangin fountain



Love this statue. Also, I love greek statues of women. Because they are beautiful, and they have a belly pooch. 

Stairway down to the Japanese Garden

The Japanese Tea Garden--the only way it could possibly get more beautiful is by having these two Jones men stand in it. Mushy, but true. 

Yay! We had no one to take our picture 


Pond at the Chinese Garden

We got really excited by this big open grass area. Maybe because there are no big open grass spaces in LA.









Like I said we were really excited by the grass

Turtle! And a lady's shadow. At the lily pond garden


Joshy was happily sitting in his stroller when he stood straight up to get a good look at the geese. 



It was an awesome experience. What I didn't have pictures of were all of the amazing paintings, sculptures and artwork up in conservatories around the ground. Like, for instance, Pinky and Blue Boy!!??!! What? who even knew they were sitting in Pasadena all this time. they also had a Mary Cassatt (Breakfast in Bed) and a plethora of George Washington portraits. 

It is a little pricey to get in, but I would absolutely recommend going to visit. And, take a lunch and some snacks and stay all day because there is SO much to see. **



*The first time I tried to go to the gardens I dragged my mother-in-law and baby on an hour car ride only to discover that they were CLOSED! I'm the worst

**Huntington Gardens is paying me to say all this nice stuff. Actually their not, I just sound like a spokesperson for them


Comments

Popular Posts