Honey in the Rock and the Sugar don't Stop

Don't get mad that my blog revolves around baby J now. I'm a baby mama now!

Anywho, my little man was 1 month on Monday. By now we know each other better: I know that he likes to be burped while facing a light so he can stare at it with his ginormy eyes, likes to sit upright in my lap after eating because it helps facilitate his pooping, loves baths but hates being naked and lotioned up, and when he can't handle being out in public he will continue to cooperate if you cough up a pacifier (yes pacifiers are extremely controversial but...but...)

And baby J knows that mom likes to sleep at night so he slept through the night for the first time! What?! Yeah it happened once and then the next night he woke up at 3 am and threw a royal fit that woke up Cam and his sister Allison. (Big shout out to Allison my sister-in-law who stayed with us and took care of Joshua while I ran errands and slept all day. A bomb, you are the best aunt ever.)

His tricks consist of following black and white toys with his eyes, following mom with his eyes, and smiling and talking with mom--its actually cooing and attempting to giggle. Oh and now he is getting pretty good at sucking on his hands.

And I'm not sure if all moms say this, but I think I gave birth to an old soul. He makes this serious face that is reminiscent of an old man. He also gets upset when I sing the verse of a song that says "you and me and the devil makes three don't need no other lovin' baby"* when he smiles at all the other verses. He's also pretty patient with me when I'm fumbling around with the whole being a mom thing.

Witness:
old man face. So serious. Still cute.


Warning! I don't know if you can handle how cute these next pictures are. You might vomit or just randomly combust.



Like all moms, I really think my kid is the cutest 1 month old in the entire universe. Here's to my 1 month old soul.


* Yes, the lullaby I sing to my son is that old southern song. Yes, the sirens in "O Brother Where Art Thou" sing this song. Yes, I am from California so why sing the southern lullaby? I literally could not think of any song lyrics. My grandmother was from the south and would sing southern lullabies to all of her babies and grandbabies--so after having a baby I magically got in touch with my southern roots and now sing this weird southern lullaby.

Comments

  1. Ahhahah no way Katie I totally sing that song to Emma!!! Haha I seriously thought I was the only mother in the world that sings that song hahaha!! You're baby is so freakin' cute I wish I could see him in person :)

    p.s. I like how you censored the bathing pics haha the bowl was a clever idea :)and the puj tub is the best invention ever. love it.

    p.p.s. whoever hates on pacifiers can suck it. pacifiers rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best baby mama ever! you are a freaking rockstar. i witnessed it. annnnddd that song is the bomb! love you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make a comment buy I randomly combusted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts