Le Chateau de mon mari

Recently I've noticed that this blog revolves around me and being pregnant. Its probably because that's all my progesterone laden brain can handle. So I've decided to do a blog post all about my man.
My angel face working from home

As you probably know, Cam works for a consulting firm here in Westwood called LEK. Their primary customers are biotech companies and media companies (LA and Hollywood.) Most strategy majors at BYU really turn their noses down to LEK and consider it a second tier consulting firm because they are idiots and only believe in the "holy trinity" of Baine, BCG and Mckinsey. Look, I don't even care that I spelt Mckinsie wrong...two times in a row. LEK is pretty much the top dog when it comes to consulting in the media field. They've had/have SUPER big name clients and helped build a model to end the writer's strike that was going on a few years ago. It's really cool!!!

Anywho, Cam's been working like a dog recently because he's been allocated on two cases simultaneously. Wednesday he worked through the night and came home Thursday morning at 6 am to get about 45 minutes of sleep. Thursday night they sent him home at 5 pm (Miracle of Miracles!!) but someone from his other case asked him to do a ton of work 2 minutes before he was leaving so we spent our time together doing work on the couch pretty late (booooo.)

But here's the thing about Cam--he has the most angelic tired/asleep face. Its almost frustrating at times because I roll around, drool, and sleep with my mouth open and make lots of sounds. Cam never looks as peaceful than he does when he is asleep. Closed eyes, closed mouth, literally sleeps with both hands beneath his cheek like how those little baby pageant girls pose on stage.

Anywho, last night I put Cam to bed at 9:38 pm. He asked me a favor and by 9:39 he was totally passed out, with his little angel-sleeping face. His favor was if I could "not come into the bedroom and be really loud and wake him up." In my progesterone induced state, I WOULD have gotten totally ticked. But when he asked me he had this sleepy cherub face on. You cannot get mad when a sleepy cherub reprimands you. Instead you just want to pinch their little cheeks and tell them how adorable they are.

Now 1.) I know that everything I've said is pretty much the opposite that a man wants to hear about himself. But he was just too dang adorable I had to share it with you empty universe.

But lets get real. Cam's a man. He has chest hair, a strong jaw, a six pack and a really deep voice. All the qualifications that 12 year olds think it takes to be a man.

As a really mature grown-up, I think Cam is a manly man for other reasons.
  1. He works his butt off to provide for his family. He does stay late, and sometimes has to work on the weekends. He does so that when this baby comes I can stay at home and not have to work. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with working moms--Cameron just knows that I would rather be at home with the angel-babe and is doing everything he can to make that happen.
  2. He's willing to do baby stuff with me. He has agreed to go register for baby things at Babies R Us, he has looked at strollers with me online, and he has committed to spend two whole saturdays going to a childbirth preparation class with me. Now I know that missing his soccer game to see a discolored bowling ball come out of a woman's hoo-ha, and then imagine that happening to his little wife is the LAST thing he wants to do on his day off, but he's still doing it.
  3. He still loves me even though I'm a nut job. Usually at night I'll have lucid moments, and that is probably the best part of his day. But Cam is so sweet that he has never differentiated my lucid and non-lucid states. If I start crying about making dinner he gives me a hug, rubs my back and puts me to bed while he makes pancakes. Can you say dreamboat?!
  4. Cameron requires minimal up-keep. I think I'll appreciate this more once the baby comes, but I'm loving the benefits of it right now. If Cam gets home at a decent hour, we'll usually have dinner together, watch some NBA game/sports nation (it is the best sports show ever) talk about his day, my day, talk about the little man and how he kicked my plate off my stomach and then cameron talks about his fears that I'm growing an alien. Easy. He really doesn't ask for much, just some quality talk and time together
we took a little trip to Santa Monica a few Saturdays ago because it was suuuch a gorgeous day. And he is a gorgeous man.

I don't know why I get so annoyed when people are like "I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!!!! No, really! He is waaaay better than yours." uuugh...yeah, you're just really annoying. So instead of that, I'll end my dedication to my manly man by saying he is the best man for me. He is the man of my dreams, and I love him so so so much.

Comments

  1. :) he IS the best man for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hip hooray! i think you both are great and reading this makes me so happy that you found eachother and have this wonderful life together.

    and Katie...all women have their moments of crazy...you're not the only one! but i'm glad he embraces it about you. :)

    side note...i did some temping for Baine in Boston when I lived there...and I wanted to die. They shut me up in this tiny room and had me looking through super specific statistics from 9-5:30...and almost forgot to let me leave for lunch. Me no likey Baine. So I fully support your LEK-ness, Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE'RE LOOKING FOR HOT WEBCAM MODELS!
    RECEIVE UP TO $10,000 EVERY WEEK.
    JOIN AS A BONGA MODELS WEBCAM MODEL TODAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts