Nearly Utahns... Oh My

To those who were expecting a post from Katie: I'm sorry. I told her tonight that she should be a columnist. "What kind?" she asked. I had no reply . . . Thus ended my wife's short-lived career as a columnist. So much for that sweet piece of residual income.

Okay, so issue #1: I need to say that, as a consequence of the 3 and 6 year olds that we taught in church over the last couple weeks, I am officially terrified of children. "Don't worry," my cousin Becca says, "they don't come as 3 year olds!" Right, like that helps. I get to wait in fear for three years while not sleeping. Sweet.

Issue #2: After a long weekend of consideration, Katie and I nearly decided to stay in Utah instead of going to LEK. BrainStorm offered us a job. We talked, were tempted, but in the end we turned down the offer. It was actually really hard. So here's to a short-lived career in American Fork. Cheers.

Issue #3: My wife's kid voice. I have to say it: my wife has the coolest kid voice in the world. I hear it every day, but today was the bestest. We're driving to work from our luxurious neighborhood, and as we turn a corner Katie sees a deer. No. Three deer. Katie: "Oh look it's a deer! No, THREE deer! Ah so CUTE! Today is gonna be the best day EVER!"

Here's a picture for effect:

Okay, so that probably sounds kinda normal, but just picture it like the voice belongs to your more-cute-than-terrifying 3 year old cousin who is SUPER excited and pressing his/her nose to the window while jumping up and down in the passenger seat. That level of awesome in my 22 year old wife. Awesome.

Issue #4: Okay, speaking of cousins, my little cousin Calvin is a geometry expert. His mom asked him to go do something, and he started to trot along obediently, but then he stopped dead in his tracks, yells, "Hang on, I have to make a triangle!" Then, taking his thumbs and forefingers, makes the shape of a triangle in front of him. Once done, he says, "Okay!" then runs obediently along. Geometry expert.

Awesome. So to sum up, I'm terrified of children, we were nearly Utahns, my wife loves deer, and my cousin is a genius. Any questions?

Cheers.

Comments

  1. haha what a great post :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys! Thanks for the update. Cheers for being adults in the real world now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts