A Series of Unfortunate Snapshots

I know that I've gained weight since I've been married. I gained a few pounds once I started taking birth control, and it was easy to keep blaming my extra meat on birth control. But then, oops, my size __ pants aren't as comfortable as they were...hmmm. Oh well, ooh cookies! yummy!

Then, oh my gosh, I kind've have a booty, thats fun!

Then, wow, my belly is starting to hang over my pants. ew. omg I am soo hungry, lets go to Cafe Rio. Wait, no I should really not eat as much, and I really need to start working out.

My minor body image issues soon faded into the background of my life until people started tagging recent photos of me in facebook.

Exhibit A
So, not that bad of a picture. My initial response "yikes, my hair, hmm my arms...well, thats just not a flattering picture of me...thats all." Yes, lets chalk it up to bad camera work (Lindsay Nash) and leave it at that. But then, I saw a series of pictures of me taken in the last month that are just horrendous looking. I mean, I can only blame Lindsay's poor camera work for so long.

Then I realized everything that had happened. It was as if overnight two Christmas hams grew on my thighs and butt. My boobs exploded over my bra(get over it, I just mentioned my boobs) and I had a couple of bear claws hanging off my lower stomach. My skinny jeans made my body look like a cup cake tin with too much dough coming out and over the sides. In a nutshell, this self realization was pretty much like the scene in Shrek, when Princess Fiona goes from a red-headed human into an ogre.

So why be so self deprecating on my blog? Well I'll tell you empty universe, because I'm going to start keeping track. I want to go from Ogre back to human, and Fitness Magazine told me that if I keep a public track record, I will shame myself into becoming pre-yaz* Katie.

But don't worry, I know that Cameron still loves me and I'm a daughter of God etc, etc, etc. You can give me a "don't hate your body" lecture or anything you want, but, in the end, its really no fun being an ogre.

* Yaz, aka Yasmine were the crazy pills I took before and after I got married so I wouldn't get a growth in my uterus (aka baby.) They helped me not get a growth in my uterus, but in the end gave me growth in my fat cells.


Comments

  1. I like this. Especially after our long talk about such things over pizza and root beer floats. I may have to follow suit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I only said this blog entry was funny because of your hilarious analogy using Shrek. Thank you for entertaining me this morning! All women have been there! I sure have! Keep up the exercise and good eatin! You will look fab in no time! I am rootin for you!! Ya Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, first... you are hilarious.
    two... i took yaz (UGH.. please tell me you are off it now??) and it made me SOOOoooo crazy, like totally crazydepressedgrossemotionalmean. so we both HATE yaz.
    three...what's wrong with a little juicy love? you are so adorable. but i understand:) it's all about how you feel. i've had those moments too when i see pictures of myself and i'm like.. umm. delete!
    YOU GO GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, Katie you CRACK me up! Funniest blog post ever. But let me be the first to say, going from a size 00 to a size 1 is not exactly turning into an ogre. How is C a l i f o r n i a ??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts