So that one time we moved across the country...

Yeah, it was way back in July. And I'm pretty sure my Utah friends think I've been brutally murdered and thrown in the Schuykill River (yeah that happens) except for my occasional instagram picture of Rory. But we are alive and well, and gang violence free in our little gated off compound!

So Cam drove from Utah to Philadelphia with his dad in a Uhaul while I migrated back to the motherland (California) to stay with my parents and avoid driving in the car for long periods of time with two little boys. God bless parents, because my mom and dad flew from LA to Philly with me, Joshua and Rory, and we somehow managed to all survive. Thanks to my parents, we were completely unpacked and had all our pictures up in two days and feeling at home--ish.

Enter my mother-in-law. God bless Sherida for forcing us out of the house and seeing all of the sights!

This pic was taken at my favorite place in the entire city: Reading Terminal Market. I'm just saying: pancakes, the best donuts ever, and pretzels. Fat, salt and sugar heaven. All made by the Pennsylvania dutch (like Amish people, but I think they're technically meninites.)

Getting our rug shopping on at Ikea. A woman walked up to Rory and said "Chunky! Beautiful!" Grabbed his thighs and walked away.

At the Barnes Foundation! Joshy's first art museum.

Such a gorgeous building and grounds

We LOVE Grandad, and it's an extra bonus when we can play on the ipad together.

Elfreth's Alley--the oldest residential street in America. AKA super mega haunted.



At the children's museum. I swear, the place isn't as sketch as the ceiling makes it look.

The fully restored carousel at the children's museum.


What what! Independence Hall. We had to snap a quick photo and then scram because Joshua was screaming bloody murder. He's not super into the history scene just yet.


Statue of Benjamin Franklin at Upenn

We are super duper in love.

This building and I have joint custody of Cameron: I get him on Sundays and every other Tuesday. Ok fine, it's Huntsman Hall, the building for all Wharton students.

Yay Rory!

Yay Rory!!

Yay Rory!!!

Ok, so just about every weekend there was something amazing going on in Philly. For an entire month they had what they call a "pop-up park" where they just spring up a park out of nowhere. This one had hot pink sand boxes, food trucks, and a splash pad--it was pretty epic.

Going cray in the water. A Japanese tourist stopped to snap a bazillion photos of him. whatever. I'll take it as a compliment.

View of the pop-up park and part of the philly skyline.

View of my adorable chunky baby. Pink sand in his wrist rolls, mouth, neck and diaper. And even more in his diaper the next day.

We went peach picking the next day and I was in absolute heaven.

Josh and I just can't keep it together for the camera. Keep it up Cam.

At one of our favorite parks! Pure joy for these two swinging boys.

Rory was so stoked to get some chocolate cake at his friend's birthday party

Epic picture. Penelope, Rory, Rhoda and Eve. BFFs.

Too much Jones in this pic!

Cam's first day of school pic. He was so happy that I held him up for five minutes to snap a picture that only I want to have, and will then post on the internet TWICE. I mean, I can't help myself. He's too handsome.

My chunky tank top boy. This was one of our farewell to summer nights: we walked as a family to Franklin Square--one of the original squares in Philadelphia--to meet our friends the Hiltons for food trucks and park time.













And I know I wrote a post on humidity before, but guys, it is the freaking worst. I lost like 10 lbs when we moved because I was walking a few miles everyday in a sauna. As my high school friends know, I turn into gollum in saunas. It's just a fact.

Luckily, our main grocery store is Trader Joe's (oh whats up cookie butter, Joe-Joes, ice-cream those freaking delish mini chocolate chip cookies, and whatever else sugary treat is on sale) so once fall came and I stopped sweating out 5 pounds every time I walked out the door I gained it all back. We're all good. No need for people to get weird and stop me in church and ask if I have body image issues. Because I will eat Joe-Joes in a bikini if need be. I won't look like a Victoria's Secret Model, probably more like, well, gollum eating that live fish. You know what I'm talking about.

Wow tangent. You're welcome.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts