With Healing in His Wings

Oh gosh, I keep swearing that I'll stop writing blogposts about crap that annoys me and just write posts (read as post lots of pictures) of my family. But I've been completely consumed by this Ordain Women/excommunication/nuclear bomb that's been dropped on my church culturally. Even if you aren't mormon, you've probably heard about it. It's been on Good Morning America, the NYTimes and even freaking Al Jazeer. And EVERYONE has something to say about it. EVERYONE. I've purposefully been quiet on the matter because I don't want to be yet another person saying yet another inflammatory thing about the "other side." But let me just say my peace, count to three and I'm done.


  1. Stop referring to her as "that woman." She has a name, and it's Kate Kelly. Remember that she is a human being with hopes, dreams and fears before you burn her at the stake or put her up for sainthood.
  2. Just because YOU haven't had a negative experience with the church and/or priesthood authority doesn't mean that NO ONE has. Or that they are less righteous. And guess what? It goes the other way around. Just because you have had atrociously bad experiences in the church doesn't mean everyone else has too. Or that they are stupid, or blind or just a bunch of close minded sheep. 
  3. One of my favorite quotes ever, was said often by Truman Madsen. He said "Never in Christ's mortal ministry did he say 'woe woe' to the sinner. He always said 'woe woe' to the hypocrite." Lets try to remember that. We're all sinners. We've all felt pain from this experience, immense pain, no matter what your stance is. Christ is the healer. If we can all drop the anger and walk to Christ, we can bridge the gap between our members. 
I'm so sad. So terrifically and agonizingly sad. Sad that we've lost one of our brilliant sisters, sad that there is so much anger and bickering. Sad that it seems like we as a people are ripping apart. Can we pray? Can we pray to be ok with each other? and to drop offenses and just be kind?

One, two, three, and I'm done. 

Comments

  1. I've been so sad to. The way people are yelling at each other on social media is terribly disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to feel like I just comment and like everything you do. So, sorry if that's creepy. This is great though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts