Pregnancy Diaries: 34 weeks


Sooo...this pregnancy has gone by pretty fast! Maybe it's because I have a little imp of a 2 year old that I'm chasing after all the time, or maybe I'm not thinking of my pregnancy every second of every hour of every day like my first. Anywho here's how things are going.

A lot of people will ask me "OMG! How are you feeling?"
What I want to say is "Constipated." or "I'm so FREAKING exhausted."
What I actually say is "oh! Good. just big."
Then 50% of the people will wail on me because I'm not "big" etc etc etc. Then I inform them that they never saw me when I was pregnant with my first (ginormous) and that this pregnancy is just different. Disbelief. Then I throw out the stat that at 6 weeks pregnant with my first, I weighed the same as 6 months pregnant with this one. Holler! Where my LA peeps at who can confirm my large and in charge status?!

Anywho, back to constipation, why does no one actually talk about this one?! It is horrible. And every pregnant woman I've talked to has confirmed it. My no fail recipe for relief is green smoothies with tons of flaxseed. Trust me, you will be golden. Also, water, exercise and what I like to call P90X with your digestive system: throw all kinds of veggies at it, and it won't even know what to do except flush itself out. Boo ya.

I went from running and zumba as my workouts to spin class (which is amaze-balls, seriously) and resistance training...if I'm feeling up to it. I've also gone from being an involved mom to a "hey joshy! Do you want to watch another movie...and eat eggs for dinner again?" Joshy is being pretty awesome about everything, thank goodness.

Also, I totally forgot that the last 6 weeks you sleep like a baby: you wake up 17 times a night whining and complaining. Cameron is a rockstar for putting up with me. I just need to give a HUGE shout out to my boys for putting up with me.

As for the man fetus, he doesn't let me forget that he is alive and doing well. He's growing great, loves to get all up in my lungs/ribs and gets hiccups every night.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts