Girls Trip 2013 Aka "Keep Jumping!"

So way back in July, before I had this ginormous belly, my ladies planned an awesome girls trip to Santa Barbara. I should also start off by saying that these friends are some of the most gorgeous, intelligent, fun and totally amazing women in the world (lesbian much? um duh, why do you think I cut my hair so short?) Some back story: Bri, Anne and Kimi friended me when my family moved to Yorba Linda when I was 16. We all became friends with Rachel (immediately) our freshman year of college, and then our sophomore year we all lived together (minus Bri, she was already married.) Now Rachel and Kimi are married to brothers, so they are technically sisters, and me, Anne and Bri did not marry brothers. So, no relation besides friends.

The trip started off with the extremely familiar drive from Orange County up into LA to pick up Bri (where I sobbed and lamented how much I missed my old city) and then we continued up to Santa Barbara.

First off, we hit the famous taco place (Taqueria something? I seriously can't remember, but apparently Julia child was cray-cray about this place.) Anne is 36 weeks pregnant? Rachel, Brianna, and me at 20 weeks

Group pic (minus Kimmy, her flight didn't arrive until the next morning) at the mission


I'm not sure why, but we love taking pics of Anne.

Zoom in. I'm owning it on the steps




Bri is awesome

Yes. More pics of Anne! Then we finished the day off eating at McConnell's ice cream. Bri is a genius, and found this ice cream place for us. We only hit it twice in the 3 days we were in Santa Barbara, which is disappointing because I totally was up for round 3

Saturday at Butterfly beach! Kim and Bri are so fab in this pic.

Speaking of fab...Ray Ray was the only one to get in the water where she proved that she was the brunette Marilyn Monroe.

I was smart enough to make sure that I got sunscreen on my face, shoulders and back, but completely neglected to put any on my legs...because seriously? who puts sunscreen on their legs? Well, I needed to apparently because I was lobster/cancer status in about an hour

Getting our nails did

Oh man, poor rachel. She had two sisters doing her manicure and pedicure who got into a fight mid-paint. They had to completely redo her nails...and the end result was total crap. Like it peeled off within the hour, and Rachel was too nice to say anything.



Later that night we made reservations at a "lounge" called Blush. Uh, I do not recommend this place. Just to give you a little teaser of the service we got here was my phone conversation to make a reservation:
Me: "Hi, can I make a reservation for a table of 5 tonight?"
Manager: "Uh, ok what time?"
Me: "What times do you have available?"
Manager: "Well, you just tell me what time you want, ok?"
Me "uh, ok how about 6?"
Manager: "thats not going to work, we have a lot of reservations at that time."
Me: "Ok....so how about you tell me what time you DON'T have a lot of reservations at"
Manager: "Um, like 7:30?"
Me: "Um, like ok lets do 7:30 (you moron)" The last part was uttered under my breath

So first off, the food was minimal. And we didn't order drinks (alcoholic.) So basically we never saw our waiter because she didn't think we mattered because we weren't spending copious amounts of money on alcohol. Here's a tip to waiters: we know that you feel like you're getting screwed when we don't order alcohol. We understand that, so we way over tip you. If you aren't a total douche, you will still get a LARGE tip without dealing with tipsy 20 somethings. Well, our waiter didn't understand that fact, and someone besides me wrote the tip and still gave her like 20%...I would've given her 5% (because yeah, the service was that bad.) I guess thats what happens when you hire someone for looks instead of aptitude. FYI, everyone at this place was hired for their looks, and not for any life skills whatsoever. 



Thats my "i'm still hungry" face

So it was a Saturday night on the party street of Santa Barbara and we decided to walk around. 3 hot girls and 2 pregnant chicks. Good times. Best story of the trip (in my opinion) was there was a double decker party bus driving up and down the road, with a bunch of wasted people trying to get everyone else on the street to party with them. The bus stopped at a light by us, where Rachel egged them on by jumping up and down and screaming. A drunk guy leaned out of the bus and said "keep jumping!" HAHA. oh come on. Thats hilarious. 

The night ended well because after the drunk jumping episode we bought Rachel a sports bra (for reals, there was a lulu store 2 blocks down) and then got more ice cream. 

Last morning in the Sandman hotel. It was mega sketchy which made it mega awesome

Brunch at the Scarlett Begonia. That place is amazing. And we decided that we're more brunch people instead of lounge at night people (because we're classy, and brunch doesn't force you to drink)



Holy cow, my hair was really short back then.

MVP (most valued picture.) We threw Anne a little mini baby shower at the restaurant. 

So it was an awesome girls trip! Our husbands wanted us to go out and do crazy stuff, like go to a club or go to a karaoke bar, but we didn't. Yeah, we're all 25 and what we did for fun was eat food and talk to each other until 3 am. But we're all married. 2 of us were pregnant. Going out to karaoke is not my idea of fun, its just something that you force yourself to do because everyone is pressuring you to go be like a regular 25 year old. If we were "regular" 25 year olds, we'd be hitting bars and trying to get laid, and at least one of us would have herpes or something else funky going on down there.  So did I mention we were all married? 3/5 have kids at home? I was a firm believer in lets do what we want to do, which is eat a lot of ice cream, put people on the "terrible" list and tell one another all of our husbands' secrets (am I joking or not?!) It was an amazing weekend, and I am ready for another!

Comments

  1. Does Rachel live in San Diego? Because she looks just like a girl who moved into my old ward right after I moved out and was my friend's nanny for a while... Is her husband in law school? I swear that's her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yes she does live in San Diego! Her husband goes to law school down there and she was a nanny for a while!

      Delete
  2. i love love love this entry and I am so happy for you all!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts