I should probably post a lot of pics of Joshua to redeem myself after my previous self aggrandizing post. What I should've said is "Beautiful people told me they want my life...maybe they should come over to my house around 5 pm. They might change their minds." 

Snuggles standing up and dinking around with all of daddy's electronics.

Mesmerized by the fire




Reading his favorite book in his toy corner

I let him play in his pampers box. He was entertained for a while. Mommy success!

Cute face.



Oh, another box picture. 

this is his "I'm a little baller" outfit. His first workout clothes. The first of many.

Note the destruction all around him





I was making dinner and heard some crashing and then silence. I ran down the hall panicked and saw that he was just feeling messy and adventurous. 

Being a naughty boy and touching the tv. (Me being a naughty mom and taking a picture of him doing it instead of immediately reprimanding him.)

I'm pretty sure Joshy's active spirit put into his little baby body feels like Mr. Incredible jammed into a small car.


These two are the most amazing thing ever to me.


Busy boy.


He's getting pretty chatty. And loud. He pretty much talks loudly all day. Which is weird because both his parents are so quiet and demure (winky face.)

And now for the real reasons why everyone reads my blog: to hear me talk about driving stick shift and weight loss!

Stick shift! If you hadn't heard my CRV is in the automotive ICU right now. I honestly thought we were going to have to send him to the morgue, but he's a fighter! Here's the scoop: Sunday night we packed up ourselves and a delicious BTS cake to head down to my parents in Yorba Linda to have dinner and meet Eric's new girlfriend (who seems super awesome FYI.) I offered to drive because Cameron was exhausted and had been fasting (I'm breastfeeding still so I can't fast yet...right, right?!!! Just let me use this as an excuse.) Of course I overreact when the AC stops working right as we pop onto the 405; poor Cameron just to remedy the situation and we end up turning it up full blast. As soon as that happens I hear a rattling sound and the "check engine" light comes on. I go into full blown panic mode screaming "Cameron! what do i do?! Should I pull over?! Should I get off! Tell me what to do! Cameron! Cameron!!!"<--seriously, I said all of that. We pull over right next to the Howard Hughes center and the CRV is acting crazy and delirious. We check under the hood, but honestly, what do we know about cars? I probably could've only seen something wrong if there was a tribal spear sticking out of the middle of it. Cameron offered to drive us back because I was sweating and panicked and pretty much just a crazy person. Joshy just chewed on his book. 

We get back onto the 405 all while I'm praying like the world is ending. We miraculously get onto the ten and I kept praying "Just get us home, just get us home" and I had a distinct impression of "sorry, but thats not gonna happen." My next prayer was "ok, just get us off the freeway and over this little hill." My prayer was answered in such a way it was almost comical. As soon as the front tires were off of the 10 and onto Overland the car just died. Cameron acted like my knight in shining armor/ a total stud and pushed the CRV uphill 100 yards to a gas station. With our luck there were 3 tow trucks just waiting there! One being a AAA guy. He was awesome and I can't speak more to how charitable and amazing he was. He took us to his friend's car shop a few miles away and then took us home. 

So, while the CRV is in the ICU I am driving Cameron's Scion. It's standard, which is why I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven it. I am TERRIBLE at stick. Like, truly, truly awful. I think one of the reasons why is because I freak out about it so much. BUT! I drove Joshua and myself to Trader Joe's this morning. Why yes, it is right in the middle of Westwood village which can be described as one big hell hole to drive in. Why yes! I didn't panic, even when I stalled because a homeless man walked in front of my car. 

Be proud of me. Please. I need validation.

And last but not least my weight loss! I should probably call it my "road to a healthy lifestyle" because I don't have a scale in my house and I'm not on a diet. I've added strength training to my workout routine and I. Loves. It. I think I'm more of a lift weights along with cardio instead of a marathon runner type of gal. Big shout out to my girl Chalene Johnson with her miracle DVD's Turbo Jam. I love her. She's really nice and motivating instead of screamy and scary. So it's going well! I'd be elated if I could lose one more pants size but alas, I'm a curvy girl and I'm coming to terms with it. Crossies that once I'm done breastfeeding Joshy pants that I'll lose a few pounds (especially off of my face.) Did you know that when you breastfeed your body still holds onto a decent amount of fat to keep you/your baby alive? So interesting. Can I use it as my excuse until June 18th of this year?



Comments

Popular Posts