Two speeds: ten, and zero

Okay, sweet news: we have a job. That's pretty awesome, but I'll let Katie blog about that since she's way better at giving details than I am. Here's what I am going to write about: naps.

I can't take naps. Scratch that, I can take naps, I just can't take short naps. I'm physically incapable. Tell me if this has ever happened to you: you have a long day, hit the sack at around 1a.m., then have to get up the next morning at 5a.m. for a crazy morning. You finish all your responsible stuff, but THEN you have the afternoon off--so you say, "I'm gonna take a nap." You're thinking like a thirty minute nap, right? So you hop in bed for your quick rest, pass out, and thirty minutes later your alarm goes off. You wonder why on earth you set the alarm for thirty minutes, kick yourself, and reset the thing for another thirty minutes, thinking an hour of sleep should top you off just fine. Repeat two more times. At two hours, you're done with your stupid alarm--you're NOT getting out of bed. What feels to you like the next day, your spouse comes in to wake you up, at which time you promptly roll over and tell your spouse to go away. Spouse insists on getting up, that you've been asleep for over four hours, and you won't be able to fall asleep that night. You sit up, and take the next thirty minutes shaking sleep from your entire body (by "shaking sleep from your body," I really mean, "sit on the edge of the bed and mumble unintelligible things while your spouse laughs at you"). A very short time later your spouse says it's time for bed, and you lie awake restless for three hours until you fall asleep at (you guessed it) 1.a.m., only to wake up five hours later and start all over again.

Katie and I just went through this whole nap-taking business yesterday. Today, after we got home from a good day at church, she came up with some apt descriptions of my unique napping situation.
  1. Cameron doesn't nap, he hibernates (I really like this one)
  2. You're like a light switch: when you're off, you're OFF.
  3. It's a "Cameron nap": On a scale of zero to ten, Cameron is always at one of two speeds: ten, or zero. Nap = zero.

Comments

  1. found your blog! yeah for a job and for naps if you can take them. I'm not a big napper either. Andrew loves them though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts