When I threw Cam under the bus

 Times I've cried about food:

Most memorable: After I birthed my enormous William, Cameron's work sent us a TON of food from our favorite restaurant here in Frisco. And they included an entire carton of my favorite side: green beans*. I remember nothing from those early days except the time I walked into the kitchen stoked out of my mind to eat green beans and realized they had all been eaten...by someone else. I stood over the kitchen sink and sobbed/raged at Cameron for not reading my mind. He finally got it out of me that "I just wanted SOME of the green beans!" He felt bad


Most recent: Rory tested positive for Covid yesterday. As of today we are on full quarantine lockdown with virtual school aka my own personal hell. I have no time to sit and make myself food so was living off of gummy bears and caffeine today. All I looked forward to was the leftover sausage pasta I made. And you know what? You know who was in the kitchen eating the last of the sausage pasta leftovers? Yeah, it was Cam.


Most hidden: At a family reunion I took the charge of online ordering everyone's food orders from a local burger joint. With my family it is a FREAKING job, but it was my dad's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD. That was your only gift. Everyone had really intense specific orders with subtractions AND additions and you know what? the restaurant got all of them right. Except for mine. They put on everything that I DIDNT WANT AND THERE WAS NO BACON. I mean, I was starving and everyone was sitting and eating their burger and mine was slathered in thousand island dressing. There was absolutely no saving it. So I went into my rental room with no AC and cried and punched the bed and came out and ate William's gluten free burger/salad while Cam rubbed my back.


Most aggressive: basically anytime one of my room mates ate my food. I was a legendary bitch back then. 


Most passive aggressive: any an every time I hide Ben and Jerry's from Cameron in the back of the freezer underneath the riced cauliflower (why do we even own this?!) and he still somehow finds it but I don't say anything about it and instead just write about it on my blog. 




*I know you're thinking...seriously green beans? Who cries over those?! BUT they're slathered in butter, salt and fresh basil and are definition of tender crisp and they are heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts