For reals, last post about New York

Ugh seriously girl? You're still writing about your vacation that happened at the BEGINNING of March?

Yeah. I am. And you know what? My toddler has been giving me hell so I would appreciate a little bit of sympathy as I revel one last time in my toddler-free two week vacation with my hubs.

Ok! I'm pretty sure we left off on a rainy day where Miss Erinn, Eliot and Benson took Cam and I to the Shake Shack. Holy cow.

So, hmm, everyone believes that Californians think In-n-Out is the BEST burger in the world. Well, being raised on it, I think it is pretty good. Like, I'm pretty sure we go there once a week? (stop circling you judgey vultures!) But lets get real. Shake Shack. SHAKE SHACK! So delicious. Got the caramel milkshake, my skinny jeans died and went to heaven. So good.

After that Cam and I hit the Natural History Museum. It was packed, and crazy, and while waiting in line to pay like 3 bucks a person for tickets (I love pay however much you want, so great) we got a phone call from Cam's mom saying his Granddad had colon cancer, and had a stroke while in the hospital. It was a pretty sobering moment, and I just wanted to head back. But Cam thought it would be best to keep on keepin on.

Took a bunch of pictures for Joshy. Best part of this picture, was when we walked into the elephant room, cam whisper/yelled "Look at those tits!" I flipped my lid, and then realized he was trying to say teets, about the female lactating elephant. Way to go Cam Cam!

Joshy! What does a lion say?!

Josh decided that these animals said "Neigh"



I'm pretty sure I took this pic for my brother Eric because it was a skeleton of a behemoth sloth. That was literally its name, behemoth sloth. 



After that, we went back to the Smiths to hang out with Erinn and the boys. Once Andrew got home, the Smiths took us to this little mexican taco place, and it was some of the best food I'd eaten in a long time (since moving to Utah?) So I mega freaked, and inhaled tacos like the food apocalypse was coming. Erinn and Andrew agreed that the place was only "meh" but I was raving like a lunatic about that place for the rest of the night. 

The next day, Cam was off to visit Boston and the great Harvard Business School. I decided I would stay back in NY because I suck at shmoozing douchey-know-it-alls. What?! I said it. Andrew was a stud! and took the boys for the afternoon so Erinn could take me out on a girls day out. OMG. How good it felt. We went to Donut plant (do you like donuts? because I do. Like LOVE donuts. And this place did not disappoint...the carrot cake donut was a winner.) Then we went to Chelsea Market where I basically cried that I was not living in New York, walked the Highline and then walked down 5th avenue to see the window displays, and then stopped in Zara to buy some super bangin baby clothes for Mr. Josh. 

Erinn, for reals. Thank you for making me feel like a human being again. It was a blast!

 Next day was our last day in New York! Erinn and Andrew took us to the MET where I drooled and flipped my lid about everything. Miss Erinn took us to the Impressionist and fashion exhibit which was amazing. Even Cam enjoyed it!

Outside the MET



YAY for NY!


Don't stop get it get it Monet



I want this. In my house.


cutie.


Step up 16, Takin' it to the Spanish Gates

After that we had some ah maz-ing New York italian food, then stopped off at La Duree for some macaroons. FYI they'll tell you to get the rose flavored ones, but they taste like soap. Get any other flavor.

Then, we tearfully said goodbye to the Smiths, who we will love forever, seriously, because they are such good friends. The taxi ride back to the airport was so surreal. It felt like we were supposed to be moving all of our stuff TO new york instead of leaving. Ah. what a great vacation.

The next morning we woke up to Joshy's excited hugs and kisses! What a great welcome home present! We was also really excited when we showed him the gift we got in Holland, little faux wooden shoe slippers. 

And that is it! My blog will now revert back to the boring and mundane life of a mom in Lehi who cleans up poop and applesauce all day, and gets PBS songs stuck in her head. (because making something is one way to say, I love you.)


Comments

  1. Donut Plant. Mmmmmm. Also, Highline Park and Zara for baby clothes? Pretty much was my last summer's NY trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts