Thanksgiving and Beyond!

"OMG katie, stop getting all political on your mommy blog! Just post pictures of your kid!" -Friend
"Well, your thoughts are nice and all but where are the pictures of my grandson?!" - Mom

Ok fine. Here are pictures from our trip to Orange County for Thanksgiving. Your welcome Grandma. 

Joshy was so excited to be back in CA and ESPECIALLY to be with Daddy

Giggles

Our big boy attempting to to eat a corn dog


On our way to Disneyland! He is so stoked! Can't you tell?!

Only riding his favorite ride or all time with Grandma and Grandpa



Daddy! Take my picture!
(Also, I have some cute pictures on my camera but it decided to not cooperate with my comp.)

So Cameron was sweet enough to take the entire week of Thanksgiving off so we could DRIVE down to California. Yes. We drove. WITH Joshy. And we're all alive and psychological sound. Isn't that crazy?! All I'll say is thank goodness for portable DVD players. It was a life saver. Seriously.

We love staying at my parents house, and somehow every time we go to visit, Joshua earns the name the "toxic avenger." This is because he ALWAYS gets sick, and this visit was his piece de resistance. Sunday night/early monday morning Joshy woke up bawling and acting really tired and uncomfortable. He went to Cam and just wanted to snuggle and fell asleep nuzzled up to his dad. I put him back in his bed, and about an hour later he woke up screaming. I was half asleep so I naturally took him back to bed with us, where he promptly vomited all over our bed, and all over Cameron. Oof. It was a rough night. But, I've never felt more like a mother than when I was cleaning him and the bed up. Gross.

Well, because Joshy was sick we stayed indoors all day Monday which meant no visit to LA. Then Tuesday we hit Disneyland with Grandma and Grandpa. Wednesday was the San Diego Zoo and then Thursday was Thankgiving when Cam and I got hit with Joshy's bug. Friday was ANOTHER recovery day where we watched depressing movies and then went out to dinner with the fam.

This Thanksgiving was especially exciting for Josh (besies projectile vomiting) because his cousins were in town! Our new SIL has two adorable boys ages 5 and 4 and Joshy was so obsessed with them. He is also obsessed with his grandparents and would leave them gifts at their door in the morning like empty milk cartons, and his toy remote. Mostly, he liked to snuggle with Grandpa while watching cartoons.

This is embarrassing, but this was Cameron's work's family Christmas party. Joshy wouldn't sit with Santa so they made me sit on Santa's lap with Joshy.

Opening the toy Santa gave him!

They had a magician perform and the little man LOVED it.

Why am I posted another Santa pictre?

Attempting to make an ornament with the Turners


Ok this is weird, but Cameron had ANOTHER work party for adults only. It was 50-60's theme, and the dress code was 60s formal. Which, is a nightmare. I was super stressed out but God bless my mother who fed-exed one of my black homecoming dresses. And God bless Meghan Lowe who made me look fabulous with the best updo I've ever had. So this is me in my 60s formal

This is my sexy man in his 60s formal. Guys have it so easy. All he had to buy was a skinny tie. 

Looking at the Reindeer while buying a christmas tree. This pic is my fav.

Oh, blurry. But how cute is he with that Santa hat

Mommy and her Christmas elf

Reindeer!

More reindeer!!!

FYI, female reindeer are the ones who keep their antlers throughout the winter and spring months. So that is a big pregnant mama.








Comments

Popular Posts