Le Petit Prince


...I have created man. My fetus showed Cam and I just what he was made of in the downward dog position during my 20 week ultrasound.
Look at his cute little face!!

I was pretty mad going into this radiology appointment because my OB said that I shouldn't get my hopes of finding out the sex. Apparently there's a 20% chance that the tech will screw up and tell us the wrong gender. Well, this little one sported his manhood loud and proud. The tech rubbed her gel and magic wand on my belly for what seemed like 45 minutes without saying a word to either me or Cam. I was dying. I could hear Cam's little gasps of "oh my gosh!!" and "oh wow!"

Finally, the tech took all of her pictures and then turned to me and said "I have not seen a baby this active in a really long time. I was practically chasing him around to get a picture. Oh, and its a boy." She turns the screen to me and there's the little guy in his yoga position so he could let mom know not to buy pink or doilies.

On the plus side, the tech also said he was extremely photogenic. Apparently he stayed still long enough for her to get pictures of his heart, spine etc. And he has a freaking cute face.

Bad news, I'm a sap now. When I saw the live feed I started crying and thinking that he was the most beautiful thing that I'd ever seen. I also felt some motherly pride/I am the fetus whisperer. He was wiggling around and then when the tech showed me the screen he settled down and just wiggled his little arms up and down. It was like he knew that master and commander (mom/me) was watching so he was on his best behavior.

So, he's an insanely active little man (thank you Cameron) and is really photogenic and cute (thank you Cameron.)

Comments

  1. love it!!!! i have the perfect gift for you. well, don't get too excited, but maybe you'll think it's funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts