Wednesdays with Edgar

Please tell me you understand that my title is a pun on a famous book that I've never read. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have for you someone better than Morrie...I present to you Edgar. Edgar is a 5'3", 40 year old Hispanic man who is the repairman for my apartment complex. We came to be the best of friends when within the first hour of me living in the apartment by myself (Cam was in Boston for training) our microwave, dishwasher, faucet, overhead lights and outlets broke. So by the powers of Iraj (the apartment manager) Edgar was called to spend an entire wednesday day fixing up my place. I attempted to work while Edgar asked me questions: some were deeper than others.

E: so, its Melissa, right?
K: oh no, its actually Katie
E: oh yeah! and your last name is Jorgenson?
K: uh...its Jones. But close, they both start with J's.

E: So uh Katie! Do you play any sports?
K: um, no not really.
E: really? like you don't play volleyball or basketball or softball or anything?
K: no...but in high school I did swim team and dance team.
E: oh...........

E: So you and Cameron...what do you guys do in your free time? do you play any sports or anything?
K: uumm...no
E: So what do you guys like to do together?
K: (now here i don't know how to explain that we don't usually have free time, so the few hours a day when we see each other we talk) Well, I guess we really like to eat out together and I like to cook.
E: OMG! Do you work out at all?
K: uh, I try to
E: well, I guess thats what really counts.
K: (I think he's telling me I need to work out more)

E: So, like what do you think about those women who go out and get babies put in them, when they don't even have a man!
K: Wait...what?
E: oh you know, whats the word, they get like a baster up there,
K: Oh like in vitro? Oh you mean the octo-mom?
E: yeah! ladies like her. thats crazy right? what do you think they'll say to God when they die...like oh hey, I know you know I was on welfare and had all of those fake babies that weren't mine.
K: (silence...but really thinking "wait? does he think its a hell sin to have a sperm donor?) Now speaking out loud: You know, I have no idea what God would say about that, but he'll for sure know what to do.
E: yeah i know, but just think of those women up there, standing in front of God, like..."hey".
K: haha....yeah.

Comments

  1. love it. our repairman doesn't talk to me. maybe that's because when he came to fix our fridge we had some food that had gone bad in the freezer so it smelled horrible. he was probably like "ew... i don't want to talk to those kind of people".

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahaha i seriously am dying about that last little convo. slay me! what a man, that is seriously hystericaaaaal..... i just miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I am dying laughing!!! Were you prego already when you wrote this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts