Lace Maker, or "When I Was Watching the Kids...aka Sound Asleep"

Being a grown up (or pretending to be a grown up by going to work everyday) has made me Vermeer's 2010 version of his 1669 version the "Lacemaker." aka getting arthritis and a hunchback from hunching over my computer and to work for 10 hours a day. Thats right...i said it...I've been working at least 10 hour days recently. I'm oooooobviously suuuuch a hard worker!! so you should look up to me. Because all i look at ALL day is windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 (incredibly user friendly! best office yet!)<--just giving a plug for Microsoft all bragging rights aside, I am really enjoying the two paychecks every two weeks.

Cam and I have attending 2 weddings in the last month, which is really great but also really exhausting. Here are some pics from our most recent wedding:

all of the cousins waiting outside the temple

Jonesies

the cousins...little Hazel said that my hair looked cute that day...thanks Hazel!

FYI Becca, I'm taking this little one. I don't think the offspring of Cam and I can produce a sweet/adorable/chill kid like this one.

Proof of how tired we were! Four wedding activities in ONE DAY is a little too much for us to handle.

This wedding that we were at was in Bountiful, and Cam's mom rented a hotel room for the fam to stay in. Our cousins, (the parents of all the cutie kids) cam and I stayed at the hotel for a little bit. It was a nice place for the kids to watch a movie and for them to relax. Cam's cousin Steve, the father of the kids was chosen to watch the kiddies while his wife Becca went to get some diapers and wipes. Needless to say, the second Becca walked out the door, little 2 year old Sammy dumped a whole bottle of water on one of the beds. When Steve was trying to explain how it happend he started by saying "when I was watching the kids...aka sound asleep..." I laughed. So hard. and realized, this is the basis of my life.

"While I was working...aka watching the Bachelorette" and "While I was cleaning...aka writing on my blog" or "When I was paying attention at church...aka playing with my friends baby and laughing when she blows out her diaper"

So you can be sure that if I am supposed to be doing something productive...I'm really not. There's too many Ali's and cute babies and me being obsessed with myself to really get things done.

Random Aside: One of Cam's 3 year old nieces was jumping on her dad's stomach. He covered his tenders and said "Hey, that's a little too close to the boys." She stopped jumping and yelled (thats basically her only sound level) "Hey what about the girls?!" I won't mention what the sister's of the dad yelled out at that moment, but it was hilarious.

2nd Random Aside: What's with everyone outside of California calling the Lakers "Fakers"??? Can you fake that many titles? Can you fake making 19 points in the 3rd quarter alone? I don't hate the Celtics or Jazz etc. etc., but this insane jealousy needs to stop! You hate Kobe because he is amazing and are jealous because I had a poster of him in my room when I was 13. Deeeeaaal. Just chill, and look for me holding the title with my boys, the Fakers, at the end of this--because lets face it, they love me loving them and I love them loving me loving them (obscure Chicago reference.)

Oh! and the Patriots suck!! J.K...thats just something I say when I'm in Boston and want to get murdered.

Comments

  1. can I just say that I miss you guys a whole lot? this re-finding of your blog just confirmed it. let's get seattle details rolling so this thing happens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts